Ton Roosendaal writes:
2.60 release status
- Janne Karhu offers to add a last minute fix for Particle dupli-objects. This was broken in 2.58, the fix in 2.59 only supports X-axis aligned objects. His patch will support reliable orientation with Object axis options. After long pro-con discussions it was decided to accept it.
- Also last minute: Bastien Montagne updates the new .po translation files in trunk, so the latest UI translations will be in release.
- As usual meeting agrees that all these last minute additions should have been avoided :) We try to get this process more predictable and better tested. Next time we do better (again)!
- We wait about 24 hours now for final show-stoppers. Tomorrow end of day EU time the call for release builds will be sent to this list. Wednesday daytime the official release then goes on the website. Thursday svn will then be open for regular work again.
Other projects, targets for 2.61
- Release planning and targets are here.
- Branches ready for merger.
- Ocean Sim has a reviewer now, Lukas Toenne volunteered to go over it. User reports on usability/quality are welcome! Question is also whether the original devs are still going to be involved as maintainer, or should we appoint a new one?
- Targets for 2.61 are quickly becoming very impressive and complicated now. Let's not try to overdo this, and ensure all branches have reviewers assigned before BCon2, and get to trunk before BCon3 starts. Planning proposal (with a month test/fix period):BCon1: October 20 (define targets)
BCon2: October 30 (branches should be ready to go in trunk)
BCon3: November 15 (test/fix period)
BCon4: December 1 (first RC)
Release around December 15?