- Sergey mentioned a serious Text object render error has been fixed.
Gives bad normals for bevels in cases.
- Bug tracker still at 165 open reports. Never spoiled time to check, please help!
- Reminder: Dalai Felinto works on removal of "Texture Face" 2nd Link
- FFmpeg 0.8 upgrade is unsure... Sergey and Dalai had serious regressions with it. Peter Schlaile thinks it could work, he'll check on that now.
- Mingw compiling: note we only support the official MingW version, not the 'tdm builds'. Opencollada library has been compiled for it, OpenEXR coming soon.
- Schedule is still to target a 2.59 release for Siggraph, early august. Keymap issue still is being targeted to be solved for that.
- New Boolean Modifier using Carve library: works very fast and interactive. Error handling needs some work... the cases it can't handle returns empty or original meshes ('flickers' during transforms then). Sergey or Campbell check on moving branch to trunk, #ifdeffed out as compile option for further tests.
- Discussions on Blender's hair system & particles and particle-nodes haven't lead to conclusions yet. Janne confirmed a couple of days he'll check on feasibility of keeping hair work with new 'paged particles' code.
- Ton proposes to define this work as a target for next open movie & funding. A lot of this is related to how dependencies of Blender's data and animation systems work. Or to name it more exact, we need a new depsgraph that allows threaded handling of animsys, modifiers, derivedmesh, proxies, duplicators, particles, hair, softbody, cloth, fluid etc... and preferably noodable as well!
A possibility is to reserve the first (2) months of Mango in Blender Institute for it, flying in developers to first tackle this topic before the artists come in for the actual film work.
3) Google Summer of Code
- Midterm evaluation is soon, all students should have been in contact with mentors about it.
- Tomato branch (motion tracking) has great visual progress already with several videos posted.
Ton suggests to all students to also make a midterm progress video, will be great for getting awareness and feedback. Videos will be collected and posted next week.