Ton Roosendaal writes:
Short summary of today's topics: (check at least the 2.58/9 proposal!)
Blender 2.5 Development
- Via python (and custom properties) scripters can now define own 'update' calls, to trigger dependencies on other data. A document example for boolean is here. See also the current change log. Feel free to arrange/organize, but don't add new items (is being handled by Campbell & Mario)
- Question from Dalai: BGE fixes in GSoC branch can go to trunk anytime, if maintainers agree of course.
- Open release targets still (ton goes over todos and keymap issue with Campbell/Brecht to make a final target list):
- Keymap saving/load, add-on key changes
- VSE: correct frame interpolation for 'speed' effect strip
- Group-linked cloth fails still
- According to Dalai there are already new icons for Game Logic, Ton mails Jendzrych to check
- To respect our bimonthly release schedule, proposal is:
- call for a 2.58 this tuesday, release 1-2 days after (no real freeze needed)
- define August 1st as last day of "bug fix & 2.5 targets period" and release 2.59 for Siggraph.
- Then starting in august, branches and patches can migrate over.
- The removal of "texture face" part one proposal is nearly ready.
- This gets a review for 2.59. It doesn't remove the per-face assigning for Images yet!
2) Other projects
- We still need a good 2.6x migration planning for branches, but a lot of good patches are awaiting anyway (nodes, weight modifier, FBX import, camera sensor, texface removal)
- Status of BMesh? Can Joe report about feasible deadline date to move trunk & release?
- Ton also proposes to review Brecht's old "remove from Blender" list again for the 2.60 version.
- Update from Ton on Mango: announcement of project has been postponed to be september earliest, this to accommodate for long Blender & Foundation todos as well. Project start then is late 2011 or early 2012 soonest.
- Motion tracking: libmv works on 3d reconstruction now. Might see first tests work in 2 weeks.
- Ton will collect all student's wiki progress pages, for everyone to easier browse student's work