Hi Blender fans !!!On February 4th 2011, we've organised a conference about Blender in Paris.
The conference was done by Francois "CoyHot" Grassard. He made some great demonstrations about actual and upcoming features of Blender !
The conference was entirely recorded and it's now online, splitted in two parts :
Morning (2 hours) :
- Quick overview of the new interface of Blender 2.5
- Sculpting with more than 30 millions polygons
- Rotopology tools and surface generation using the Grease Pencil
- Features related to rendering (PTex integration in development)
- Using Blender to produce stereoscopic images.
- Linking Blender to external renderers (LuxRender and SmallLuxGPU in Live Mode)
Afternoon (3,5 hours) :
- Using of the compositing tools (essentialy for Green Screen Chroma Keying)
- Rendering with toon shading and compositing nodes
- 3D compositing and 3D MattePainting
- Dynamic Animation (explosion and more)
- Creating a giant wave flowing into a street using Ocean Modifier (and many more)
- Realistic smoke and fire generator
- Volume Rendering
- Combine 2D and 3D elements in the same shot (essentialy using camera mapping)
- Multiple uses of particle systems (including some non-dynamic cases)
- More features currently under development ...
And now ... here is the page containing the links for downloading it :
Even if the conference is entierly in French, i think it could be interesting for no French-speaking people. Just turn off the sound of your player and play your favorite music .... ;o)
Hope you'll Enjoy !