Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here's the highlights of today's IRC meeting
Blender 2.5x progress
- Ton mentions he had feedback from Matt about need to split up how startup.blend now works. Proposal will be coming. (Separate UI layout preference from usability preferences, also check on ways how to efficiently switch laptop/workstation prefs or tablet prefs).
- Old tracker reports needs to be handled! Ton will bump reports in tracker of > 2 months old.
- Themes usage is not consistent, Thomas will review where real errors are, Ton assists. ("Styles" are also not editable yet, involves font draw types mostly)
- Campbell proposes to go for 2.58 within 4 weeks in any case, especially because of the huge list of fixes.
- Please help updating the above list, if you do fixes!
- Ton proposes to at least define "2.5 targets" for 2.58 too, like:
- Keymaps should just work (for add-ons, Maya preset etc)
- Some level of functional Python notifiers for add-ons. Campbell checks on Python defined rna_update access for own defined properties. (And checks with Lux team!)
- Work on real Python defined editors (areas, regions) will commence, but not as 2.58 target.
Other projects, branches
- Color correction with float buffers painting fix: Brecht reviews patch
- Mike Erwin: soc-2010-merwin will be cleaned, 3D mouse (ndof devices) work is targeted for Siggraph in August.
- Cycles: some bugfixes happened, start on openCL support. Brecht is still tied up with bug fixes and reviews mostly.