Thomas Dinges writes:
we had a short meeting, here some infos:
Blender 2.5x project
- Infos about the improvements for the fluid particles are on the Blender Code blog. Janne Karhu asks for some feedback :) If there are no big issues he can commit during next week.
- New Material Pipeline panel For normal materials we will stick to the old interface, for node materials we will use the pipeline panel. This should clear things up again. :) Erwin Weber will do a new patch. Thomas Dinges will review and commit.
- First stable 2.5 version (2.57) is still planned for March. Priority remains on bug fixing and to-do items.
Current projects / branches
- Sergey Sharybin mentions that the svg importer is nearly finished and can be committed to addons repository soon. This is still wip, so please contact him directly if you find bugs.
- Janne Karhu want to implement paged particles into Blender. This would bring back Reactor particles for example.
- particles-2010 branch: Lukas Tönne reports work has been done on node basics and especially group handling over the past few days
- Jeroen Bakker will give more infos about his Tile based / OpenCL compositor project next week.