Ton Roosendaal writes:
- All seems to be ready for a new beta test build, more stable than ever!
- Proposal is to call for a release AHOY on wednesday - euro time. We then can prepare for the release on thursday or friday.
- Yes, we need urgent update on regression test files, is on Ton's todo!
- Splash: a bit late for a contest, we can pick one last cool shot from Sintel! For next release we can announce a contest again. Need to revise or reconfirm how to define contests and judging well.
- Roadmap: after 2.56 more efforts will go to the pending 2.5 todos. And then in 1-2 months maybe a first real almost-finished-no-beta :)
Other projects, branches
- Janne Karhu: he approved on Stephen Whitehorn "viscoelastic fluid particle springs" code, is almost ready for merge to trunk. Not real "new", but completes functionality for fluid particle system. Will be submitted after 2.56.