The weekly development update. On a side-note, Campbell Barton pointed out that the image that I previously used with these articles was from WAY back (2.43?), he provided a more up-to-date version ;-)
Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here are the meeting notes from today's IRC meeting.
- Python will get update to 3.1.2, Nathan L. will take care of it.
- Collada lib also needs update, Arystan could check on it?
- Roger Wickes will research new Alembic file format and report back with summary and findings to the bf-committers list.
Blender 2.5x project
- Thomas Dinges will check on correct steps on increment/decrement clicks in widgets. These values are per-variable stored in RNA code. Meeting agrees on having default modifier behaviour (like SHIFT+click giving 10% of increment).
- Renaming of all variables for button names and Python calls (i.e. in RNA) is basically done, Campbell awaits feedback on last renames. Scripts in our svn have been fixed too.
- Campbell investigates how to fix old .blend files for constraint and driver RNA paths. He thinks there might be minimal breakage though, since the normal animation variables (objects, shapes, bones, etc) have not been changed. He'll test it with Durian project files.
- Same issue for old external (not in svn) scripts... there might be a rename script to handle it.
- With variable names consistent and frozen, next step is to fix some inconsistent calls for the Python data api (like adding drivers etc).
- Python roadmap: API calls for UI scripts, Operators and for basic Import/Export are close to finished, and can become a real stable spec soon. The parts of API that's in development - and apt to change - will be clearly indicated as such.
- New test build (2.54 beta) could be done in two weeks, will be checked on next meeting.
GSoC wrap up
- Good news: all students have had a good review. No dropouts this time!
- Tom: once wiki is back, could we get a nice overview page with links to the project result docs and a short summary?