1) Current Projects
Lukas Tönne requested a branch for his physics work
Ton noted that for the Durian they would do a "post-mortem" with the artists, to clearly document the shortcomings they felt were blocking us, and particle issues will be among the areas discussed. jahka + Lukas could talk with the Durian artists while they are here to get better first hand knowldege of the issues.
Ton mentioned that he would like to see GSoC coders hanging around irc a bit more often - so for those of you GSoCers who are not regularly visiting the Blender channel, please consider doing so.
Also it was noted that meeting times are especially good for finding various members of the team if you have questions/need help.
Here are the weekly status reports from the students:
- Konrad Wilhelm Kleine - Paint Tools upgrade
- Nick Samarin - Recast and Detour (Pathfindind and AI for GE)
- Rohith B.V. - Quad Dominant Remeshing
- Joerg Mueller - GE API improvements
- Leif Andersen - Testing framework
- Mitchell Stokes - GLSL shader improvements
- Jason Wilkins - Sculpting Brushes improvements
- Nicholas Bishop - Multires Improvements
- Mike Erwin - Input Device improvements
- Joshua Leung - Physics tools
Tom reports that on the sculpting front - all tools are finally usable! and hopefully ready for review midweek If the install stuff is settled, we're ready for beta and then we can go with double energy back to bugs Plan is to check again next weekend and if all goes well then define beta build in that week
Tom noted that if at all possible he would like workflow for paint texturing fixed before release currently it takes about 30 steps to setup and begin texturing, with almost garunteed mistake. Which could be turned into a 2-4 step process with little chance of error. Ton asked that Tom make a document describing the current process and how he would recommend things be simplified.
Things still progress nicely, the coding work is winding to an end which will allow more attention to be turned to pure bug fixing.