Ton Roosendaal wirites:
- Campbell mentions that he has added several animation functions to the Py api, like for adding and removing keys and drivers, and direct fcurve editing.
- Durian render branch progress: first commits showing image cache WIP (only loading used mip map levels). On the todo is tiled images too. This saves a lot of memory overhead.
- Raul will continue his work on particles in a new branch.
Blender 2.5x project
- The next release target is still to get the first official beta out, with minimal 2.5 recode related specs finished, and ready for documentation and authors. The release target after that will have as focus to stabilize, to bugfix and bring back sufficient 2.49 functionality as well.
- Wiki roadmap page in progress.
- Python first roadmap target is for import/export and for the Blender UIs. Additional targets are for after this summer earliest (when Campbell is free from Durian!).
- The outdated roadmap page on blender.org will get updated. It is currently unclear what the moment is that we get a 2.6 version. What we know at least is that the "2.5 series" will get a usable and documentable 2.5x version too, which can be used professionally, and included in books. Once we have our 2.5 trunk a bit stable, we can also better define beter which targets we still want to complete for a 2.5x build, and which will be moved to 2.6.
Within three days [as of Sunday April 18th, BN]we have to propose our final ranking to Google. Three-four days after students will be contacted, and we know who are the happy students who will work for us! :)