Ton Roosendaal writes:
2.5 test build
- A new testbuild for 2.5 alpha1 is required, especially the 'textures get lost' bug makes it unusable. (Has been released wednesday 3 march).
- Proposal: get confirmed that this bug has been fixed, and check if svn status is at least a bit acceptable. Unless showstoppers get reported here, we call for Ahoy tuesday end of day eurozone.
- Campbell shows py api example for modal operators + drawing callback: http://www.pasteall.org/11346/python
- Long debate then lead to confusing state of stability and usablity of Python API.
- Ton's remark was that most people perceive new API calls to "part of the specification" whilst this is according Campbell "just alpha and users should accept it will change".
- Agreed was that Martin and Campbell would summarize this topic to mailing list, and especially about what is considered good py api design! What's more or less 'stable' and what not?
- Quite some time was also spent on python security topic. Still needs more clarity... or clear proposals for how to move on.
- Note for all: new default for .blend loading is to not run Py scripts in this file, until better system gets agreed on. So it's "safe" to load .blend files in current svn Blender. (no warrenty! :)
- Martin feels like there is useless duplication in registry of scripts, and proposes another method. Will send proposal to list!