Blender 2.50 alpha 1 mentioned for the first time!
Ton Roosendaal writes:
- Campbell proposes way to have a proper default/install path for extension scripts. This invoked too much confusing discussions; conclusions will follow.
- Installer issues have to be solved... Ton, Campbell + Brecht will review a proposal and put online for discussions.
- Andrea volunteers to check on proper install procedure for Windows.
- Proposal got accepted to make a testbuild available this week. It will be named "2.5 alpha 1". The real (stable, documentation ready) release is going to be there soon, but not within a few weeks... the amount of fixes and bugreports (100+ per week) indicate we have to give it time.
Blender alpha 1 topics for release builders
- Collada included? Linux no, Windows yes. Mac?
- Ffmpg include preferably
- Ton arranges a splash and does the ritual release # commit.
- Most likely building can start tuesday end of day.
- Release builders will be:
- win32: Andrea
- win64: ...
- Linux 32/64: Ken Hughes
- OSX 10.4/5 (and 6?) intel: ...
- OSX 10.4/5 (and 6?) ppc: ...
- Tom Musgrove volunteers to check on import/export 'regression files'