Ton Roosendaal writes:
The Alpha release went very well, congrats to the dev team and everyone who helped out! As usual after a release, meetings are short, not many new things to mention. Here's some notes:
- We will need a shortlist of targets for the next release (2.5 beta 1). This will be the first release with 2.5 project specifications frozen and tested (the event/tools recode). Ton will ask Matt to construct this list.
- Brecht will merge his and Nicholas' blazing fast new Sculpt and Multires cache work in about two weeks.
- Other project merges (BMesh, NURBS) will need to be evaluated for feasibility yet
- Brecht and Matt will come with a shader upgrade proposal, to modernize our shading methods. It should become more physically accurate, and ready for BRDF (bidirectional reflectance distribution function) methods.
- If you are interested in helping out with 2.5 work, Campbell has a huge todo list he'd be happy to have some help doing! Check blender.org 'get involved' for entry points.
- Erwin (Bullet) Couman's Blender compliant BSD licensed game engine is making good progress, Charlie Rose has joined in helping development and adding Ogre Support. http://gamekit.googlecode.com