- Blender 2.5 "beta 0" naming still has some pro/contra discussions... in some aspects it's more like an alpha. Everyone agrees it has to be communicated as a test build when released
- Beta0 targets: Python api is ready for exporters, importers work for mesh. Collada might be in as a target. Game Engine is nearly restored and ready for test.
- Default .blend test suite needs update, action required still!
- Crucial is to get the todo list well communicating for the "release log".
- Everyone looks forward having the old bug tracker upgraded, like with redmine.
- To welcome and support new developers, proposal is to make special (weekly) Q&A sessions online for developers. Campbell will announce and coordinate. Several ideas for welcoming and attracting new developers were discussed (tutorials, templates, irc search bot, online workshops, sprints in blender institute), clearly an important topic.
- Target 1 for Blender Foundation this year: implement better project management, with more clear modules, module owners, and rights of module teams to add developers or accept patches. Maybe even split up mailing lists for commits based on this.
- Target 2: find funding for (half time?) hired development support. We have too much backlog work on maintenance, documentation, website logs, patch reviewing, etc.
1) Current projects
- Goo & slime tests: http://pfs.planetblender.org/
- Martin experimented with smarter button-value-sliding, proposal follows.
(similar to http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/basics/ladder )
- Collada project: being integrated in trunk now. Main issue is get the build environment work for new dependencies.
- Martin puts back the autotest-suite on the agenda, especially for graphics correctness of UI. Unless someone else is interested, he'll give it a try.
2) 2.5 project planning
- Further planning & updating will be in wiki... todo section.
- It's Matt's first week! He will be in charge of the wiki communication too. (We have a sponsor paying Matt for full-time coding work, to wrap up 2.5 project).
- Thomas Dinges likes to finish UI for nodes before first beta build
- Blender WindowManager crashes a lot currently with opening/closing windows... ton will check
- Next sunday we'll review reports sofar and decide on testbuild "beta0".
- Brecht + Nicholas started on Sculpt branch, speedup and memory optimizing.
- Campbell works with Nathan on python rigging API, for creation of automatic rigged characters.
Benoit is working now on a new logic editing system for the GE:Â Feedback welcome, design is in progress still.