Current projects and 2.5x
- Cocoa Blender
It seems like Blender for OSX has a bright 64 bits future after all! New developer Damien Plisson, experienced OSX cocoa coder, has picked up the porting project again. Design for the port might involve some shuffles in the Blender windowmanager, for which some reviews and careful steps will be needed. Best is to move this to a branch for now. More information on the Wiki.
- Backporting 2.5 features to 2.49
Benoit was contacted by users to port 2.50 work he did on armatures in GE to 2.49. He wanted feedback on this issue, most people advised against it.
- Fixes in 2.49b branch
Rendering specularity slowed down render too much. Jpeg 2000 wrote wrong alphas.
Team discusses shortly if we would do a 2.49c update ever. No consensus here... not much enthusiasm either!
- Mesh speedup project from Lukas can be merged, but will be default disabled in code.
- New Raytracer: merge is waiting for final fixes and tweaks
- Collada: merging is in progress, windows version needs work still
- Nurbs project is back, porting things to the 2.5x code over now.