We regularly invite Blender artists to design a header graphic for us so that we can have a new look every month or so. I thought it would be nice to change the rules a little and run a 'BlenderNation Header Contest'.
To participate, prepare a header graphic and post a link to your it in the comments. You can also post votes there. There's no deadline; I'll check this post regularly to see if there's any new material that we like.
If your work is selected I'll try to notify you. If I can't because we don't have your email address then you'll just be in for a nice surprise one day ;-)
Here are the image requirements:
- only submit complete, 'ready to use' headers.
- use the correct format (700x100 pixels). (size updated)
- use the correct background color (#3388cc).
- don't use the left-side of the image (as the BlenderNation text and menu will be there).
- we like the (reflective) bar that Mathias introduced; you can use that as well, but it's not required.
- please add your own name to the far right in a font like Arial or Helvetica.
Here's a sample header file (right-click and save as) to help you get started.
Your prize? Eternal BlenderNation fame! (Well, as long as your image is shown, I guess ;-)