Samran Abed Alsalam sent me a list of 10 Blender video-tutorial in Arabic. Now I know that this will be of little use to many of you but the reason I'm posting these tutorials is that I think they are very well produced. Give it a try: look at one of them and see if you can follow the story. I watched the episode on MultiRes meshes and I think I learned a thing or two.
What I like about these tutorials:
- I like the voice of the speaker and the pace of his story. Obviously I don't understand what he says, but maybe that makes it easier to listen to *how* he speaks and not to what he says.
- I also like how he systematically explains each button in the MultiRes panel. He clicks on each of them and shows its effect.
- I *think* he sometimes comes back to something he has already covered, just to make sure you've understood it correctly.
What I think could be improved:
- Too much mouse movement. I'll just keep repeating this until everyone learns how to stop moving the mouse unless it's relevant.
- Uninteresting models. Watching a sphere in multiple resolutions isn't exactly exciting.
Anyway, if you speak Arab - enjoy! If you don't: watch and learn. To read more of my thoughts on good video tutorials, check out 'How to Produce a Good Videotutorial'