**Looks like we got this one wrong and I personally blew it. It seems that BMR hasn't moved, but is just off-line temporarily. The site I link to here is a private site NOT BMR. Sorry for the mis-information, we got a bit confused! I sincerely apologize to katorlegaz.com for all the trouble I've caused. From Andrew Kator:
While we appreciate the attention to our models from this post, I must point out (as has Bill) that our site is *not* the new BMR. At the top of the models page, above the licensing: "The Blender 3D Model Repository has moved, with a new version of the community archive hosted by new owners. Please change your bookmarks accordingly." The community archive, meaning an archive of models created by people other than us, has moved. Unfortunately, the "new" BMR was hacked in early December. The last public communication from the new owners was that they would try to have the new BMR back ASAP. From our past experience from hosting the BMR, it is not a simple process to keep hackers and other problems at bay. I am sure that when the new BMR is back online, it will be better capable of handling the communities needs.
The katorlegaz.com site is well organized with a large number of categories and an extensive number of models. The site says the following regarding the models:
All 3D models on this website are original (created by [katorlegaz.com]) and in Blender 3D format.
- These 3D models are Copyright Â© Andrew Kator and Jennifer Legaz.
- These 3D models have been re-licensed, and the following licensing conditions supercede any previous licenses.
- If all of the following conditions are met, these models are free for private, educational, and commercial use.
- Public attribution is required for all 3D model use and output. Our authorship, copyright information, and a URL link to this website must accompany any public display or use of these 3D models and associated output. This includes derivatives of these 3D models.
- These 3D models and derivatives may not be repackaged, redistributed, or republished in any form.
- These 3D models and derivatives may not be sold under any circumstances.