We've previously posted about "The Sprint" which is a project to get Blender to work in a VR/CAVE environment.Â Now the Blender Sprint project has set dates andÂ isÂ calling for participation.
The Sprint is set for September 21st through 25th, 2006.Â With the dates set, you can start checking your calendar and applying for a spot on the project which will be based in Innsbruck, Austria.Â From theÂ Sprint's goals:
The Sprint has several goals that we want to reach, which are categorized in the following three groups based on priority:
- Blender/CAVE Data Exchange:Â Establish a simple workflow that would allow the CAVE users to work with Blender.
- Documentation:Â All the steps necessary to make the CAVE environment work with Blender will be documented and the documentation will be opened up to allow the Blender community to work with it.
- Demonstrations:Â In order to be able to better show what the possibilities of Blender coupled with a CAVE system are, the Zukunftszentrum wants to create a few demonstrations that can easily be shown at the Zukunftszentrum itself but which can also be used by the community to continue to work with.
They areÂ especially interesed in participants with experience in:
- Using Blender in a VR/CAVE environment
- Blender's Game Engine
- Blender Python Scripting
- Blender's Verse integration
- Blender's core codebase