You might recall our post about distributed rendering using POV-Ray and MegaPOV from Theo Gottwald. He's updated his program to version 4.6 Distri (release candidate) 2. Here is what has been going on since the last version:
- Again new, more easy Installation.
- more new Icons
- Package cleaned up
- RenderAgent now suggest a folder, and remembers the folder properly.
- New Minimizer-Sollution, for working on the PC while it is used for Rendering. Minimizes, Hides and changes CPU-Priority.
- Should work with any POV 3.5/3.6 and Mega POV 1.21
- POV-Ray 3.7 does not work with this version, it seems to produce only TGA-Files, we need BMP's to merge them.
- Internal Optimizations, RenderAgent now takes Jobs faster.
- Installs Icons in StartmenÃ¼, Quickstart and on Desktop.
- Automatically uses POV_Settings.exe afer Installation.
- Silent-Setup-Robot included - will make the complete installation without user interaction.
This is just a pre-Release, which replaces the version 4.4.
Final 4.6 Distri 3 release in next days after some Tests.
Looking forward to 4.6 rc 3!