Rumours are that Blender 2.42 will be released in May and like with the previous versions, a splash screen contest has started on Elysiun. If you want to burn your work into the minds on thousands of Blender users, then this is your chance!
Basse writes on Elysiun:
hello, and good evening everyone. lot of new things happening on Blender development, and it's again time for another release, which ofcourse means, it's also a time for a splash screen contest.
so, you have a chance of having your picture in Blender splash screen, imagine, everytime somebody launches the program they first see your fantastic picture right there on their screen. oh, the fame and fortune. well, fame atleast..
rules for the splash screen contest are simple:
- don't talk about splash screen contest
- use template (download here)
- don't overlap splash screen area. make your picture fit in the given space.
- don't use blender logo.
- don't use suzanne.
- you can use old works, or make completely new.
- you can participate with more than one image, but, do not make millions of variations of the same idea, just make a good one.
- it has to look awesome.
- post your works on this thread.
- keep thread clean, entries and questions about competition only.
DEADLINE is to the end of this month currently. when date gets more defined, I let you know.