A few days ago I reported that using Blender 2.40 was problematic on Macs with NVidia hardware. The Blender developers had reported this issue and Apple has supplied a bugfix in the graphics drivers in the 10.4.4 update that became available today. I tested Blender and it now works like a charm.
The update contains the following fixes:
- Bluetooth wireless access
- Core Graphics, Core Audio, Core Image, RAW camera support
- Updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- Spotlight indexing and searching
- AppleScript, iChat, DVD Player, and Safari applications
- Dashboard widgets: Calendar and Stocks
- Software Update and Sync Services
A full list of fixes is available from the Apple Knowledgebase.
Update: I goofed up today and accidentally threw away the original post. Igor: this means that I wiped out your comment as well. Sorry about that ;-)