Here are the notes from this week's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net http://irc.freenode.net/ #blendercoders
1) Targets for 2.77
- Ton suggests moving to BCon2, aiming for 2.77 release mid-February. Some libs need updated for BCon2: Boost, OIIO, OSL, FFMepg
- Kévin Dietrich has OpenVDB patch ready for review and possible inclusion in 2.77.
- Alexander Romanov has several patches for render/shading/glsl that are ready for review and possible inclusion in 2.77. Hackerman agrees to review.
- Mike Erwin continues work on OpenGL migration to 2.1.
- Some issues with big models on low VRAM systems. Discussion continues on good solution.
2) Other projects
- Ton raises urgent call for someone to help in communicating Blender development work. Need someone that can clearly communicate with users to showcase development progress, build excitement, and clear up confusion when needed.
- - Julian Eisel suggests an upgrade to code.blender.org could help with this. More discussion needed.
- Jaggzt has created page to discussion Accessibility problem areas in Blender - may be worth creating UI design tasks for some of these.