Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) 2.69 Release Candidate status
- Campbell Barton will gather fixes that would go to the RC branch. He'll propose this tomorrow on this mailing list.
- Tuesday (possibly) we then call for another RC Ahoy, for a second release candidate.
- Splash for RC2 should be updated too. Campbell proposes to find a way to handle it by code (not committing pngs each time).
2) Next release - plans for 2.70
- A refresh or changes in UI startup defaults will be handled during the next weeks. Final proposal is not expected until week after Blender Conference. (Which is in 2 weeks already).
- Because of the upcoming conference, we propose to not move to "BCon2" (which is "release targets defined") before November 3. Might even be later.
- We also need time to check with the Google Summer of Code students which branches can be migrated over to trunk.
- Sergey Sharybin: his "threaded update" branch is almost ready for trunk!
- Howard Trickey mentions his student (Sketch Mesh) also started a review with him for inclusion in trunk.
- We also will be able to tackle compatibility issues for 2.70 (like texface, nodes, ...). That might mean that files saved in 2.7x versions won't read fully compatible in 2.6x versions - with a warning on load. We will first collect all compatibility issues here in wiki for further review.
- Meeting ended with discussion about the menu option "reset to default value" in the UI, which seems to have issues still - mostly because it's not well defined what the default is - or where a default is being defined. Brecht and Campbell will work together on finding a good solution for it.