Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here’s the notes from today’s meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.68 progress
- Brecht van Lommel: 70 bug fixes last week, tracker down to 122 open. Suggested is to do at least one more week focused bug fixing, and check next sunday on status for release (which might lead to another week of fixing time).
- Call for first Release Candidate build will be done tomorrow. It will be better communicated this time! Windows RC will be done in MSVC 2008 Pro still.
- Campbell Barton finished features for python security.
- Thomas Dinges points everyone at updating the log, it should have good info for RC testing.
- Sergey Sharybin will write the bugfix log.
2) Other projects
- Doug Gale is further working on SSE speedup of Cycles. He and Brecht both received a fast new gfx card from AMD, but they’re waiting for the beta OpenCL drivers still.
3) Google Summer of code
- Everyone’s invited to join the GSoC list where progress gets discussed.