Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here is a summary of today’s meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.65 release review
Most people agree that the release was quite stable, yet a couple of regressions make it better to upgrade to an ‘a’ release this week. Most notable:
- Obj imports with alpha zero
- Vertex Paint ‘subtract’ fails
- Bevel on wire edges crashed
Campbell will send a list of commits to be included in the 2.65 branch to this list, for confirmation.
Planning: wednesday “Ahoy”, release on the day after.
2) Planning for 2.66
- Nicholas Bishop has Dynamic Topology sculpting ready for review, can get included in 2.66.
- Antonis Ryakiotakis: has been working on bringing back edge based UV stitch and possibly isomap unwrapping from the Google Summer of Code ‘bratwurst’ branch. Code can be found here.
- Brecht van Lommel’s roadmap for Cycles. He will possibly merge the work on hair rendering… it’s under review still.
- Freestyle is under review still – Bastien Montagne has been working there.
- Sergej Reich will work on getting his Bullet branch (rigid body support for animation) ready. He would still need more feedback from users, and people to help making docs, tutorials.
Planning for 2.66:
- BCon 2 dec 30 (deadline for defining release targets)
- BCon 3 jan 20 (latest date to get your stuff in)
- BCon 4 feb 3 (only crucial fixes)
- Release feb 10+
3) other projects
- Depsgraph recode, Brecht wrote up a proposal for how to structure it.
- Martin Felke sumitted a voronoi fracture modifier.