Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here’s the notes from today’s meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.65 release status
- UI translations: Bastien Montagne tested boost::locale, it works much better than our current gettext library. Meeting agrees on removing gettext/iconv and have the i8n module use boost for it. Bastien will handle this further with the platform maintainers.
- Thomas Dinges mentions OpenImageIO released stable 1.1. Brecht van Lommel will check on it.
- Short discussion happened on how OpenImage and Blender’s ImBuf/Image system could relate – but this is a topic for after the release.
- OpenCL support for Cycles will be still on hold, and not part of release. You can compile it by setting CYCLES_TEST.
- Two release targets were moved to 2.66 (Python nodes, Bullet integration).
- Development will now enter “BCon3″ status – just feature fixes, bug fixes and get ready for release. Planning for release of 2.65 early December is on track.
- Massive bug tracker cleanup and fixing has paid of! We’re already in the low 70ies! (Was 211 3 weeks ago).
2) Other projects
- Sergey Sharybin worked several days on solving image thread conflicts (preview renders, UI, render). He couldn’t solve it reliably yet. Will be checked on this week if there’s a chance to add it, otherwise it’s for later.