Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here are the notes for today's developer meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Current projects for 2.65
- Open Shading language progressing well, progress and docs are here.
- Lukas Toenne is working on Python Nodes (nodes defined by scripting). It is being added as release target now.
- Changes to Node Groups.
- Brecht checks this week on Freestyle branch, and reports back if it's feasible to review and add for 2.65. It then becomes a target, or we move it to 2.66.
- Sergej Reich: can you confirm if the Bullet GSoC could be ready before november 11? Then we add this as a target
- Nicholas Bishop: is Dynamic Topo possible to add, with help from Sergey Sharybin? Let's check this soon!
- Howard Trickey will try to get rounded beveling for 2.65 as well. He will report back soon. Work to be done is still UV interpolation, and several edge cases...
- Campbell Barton suggests to move to Python 3.3. This should happen before November 11.
- Cycles: Brecht van Lommel will add some more nodes, but nothing major (ao, normal map, transmission bsdf).
- Campbell works on a new decimator, supporting customdata (uvs,vcols weights etc).
2) Other projects
Nothing was brought up for that topic.