The bug count keeps dropping, and Blender 2.64RC1 is planned for release tomorrow! (Take a look at the 2.64 Release log – a work in progress).
Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here’s the notes from today’s meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders:
1) Blender 2.64 release
- Bug tracker going down steadily now: 235 open! (was about 276 last week).
- Most of the code work in “Tomato” (used by the Mango open movie team) has now been applied to trunk. Brecht van Lommel is doing a final check on proper merge of Tile render in Cycles.
- Color management docs.
- Release log in planning.
- Sergey Sharybin notes that we need Mingw OpenColor library build. Maybe Antonis Ryakiotakis can help?
- Sergey also updated Ceres (library used by libmv, motion tracking) which should give some speedup.
- First release candidate (RC1) build call will happen tomorrow! We’re now going to be officially in BCon4 status – highest alert state before release – only essential bug fixes.
2) Other projects
- Nichols Bishop’s Dyntopo is possible for 2.65 or 2.66, it depends on his available time and our planning. Sergey Sharybin is available to help, together they’ll check on a 2.65 release.
- OpenShading project is on target for 2.65 release
- Alex Kuznetsov will pick up Android work in a month.
- Jason Wilkins will check with Alex on overlap/todos for his OpenGL compatibility work. He hopes to have the project ready for merge/review mid October.
- Aleksandr Mokhov (Bevel) & Sergej Reich (Bullet Physics) also confirm to have code merge ready in October. Sergej’s current todo.