The LuxRender team have released v1.0 which brings a long list of improvements and more stability.
From the announcement:
We are pleased to offer you the long awaited new stable version of LuxRender: version 1.0. This release features lots of enhancements and fixes all around that have been quickly summarized in the wiki. We give a slightly more verbose list below.
Many thanks to all the developers involved in this development cycle, this is probably the most stable release of LuxRender even if a few issues remain and should be fixed in a forthcoming release. Starting from now on, we'll try to make more timely releases to provide you with improved features as soon as they are stable enough.
Changes since v1.0RC4:
- networking fixes
- GUI improvements
- photon mapping fixes when restoring photon maps
- GPU rendering fixes
- SPPM fixes
- queue rendering fixes
- automatic tonemapping and imaging pipeline improvements and fixes
- layered material improvements
- support for more IES files
- Retina display support for Apple devices
- various bug fixes from static analysis tools
There's more - see the full list in the announcement.