Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here's the notes of today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.64 release status
- Open bugs down to 276 total! Campbell and Brecht have been busy, well done!
- Jens Verwiebe has a fix for OpenGL display on Macbook with retina screens. Please check latest svn!
- Brecht van Lommel finished porting over all Cycles features from Project Mango's branch; including tile render, better updates, speedup.
- Sergey Sharybin is still working on porting over the color management to trunk. There are possible regressions, this is being studied on still.
- Proposal: We release Blender with OCIO as default. Compiled without, Blender will only work as the old "Use color management" option. If you like to use the old "No colormanagement", you need to use the official build with OCIO and choose "None" as Display Device transform.
- Brecht will review the color code, and hopefully it goes to svn in a few days, allowing us to move release status to BCon4 (only bugfix period, release in 1-2 weeks).
- Proposal: don't release with the option "use legacy compositor". Or better said, code gets removed.
- Planning: target at release end of month, so it can get copied (and used/tested) with the Mango dvd.
- Jens Verwiebe can't further support OS X PPC, for building or releases. We need someone who keeps all libs for that system, and maintain the build system, and do releases. Mike Erwin looks into taking it over.
2) Other projects
- Thomas Dinges and Lukas Toenne worked on Cycles Open Shading Language support. Target is to have it ready for 2.65.
- SSE2: will become default for releases from 2.65 on.