Thomas Dinges writes:
Here’s the notes of today’s meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders:
1) Upcoming Blender 2.64 release status
- Sergey Sharybin and Campbell Barton will work on the bug tracker when they are back home, after Mango project finished. (Tracker is still above 300 open bugs)
- Campbell mentions B-Mesh improvements he worked on last week: customdata interpolation failed in some cases, new edges were not selected (causing glitches), bridge faces were not selected, and added option to bridge/merge with factor slider – user request.
- Campbell also added a despeckle node this week, can remove some artifacts from images.
- Sergey added back DNxHD codec support in Blender via FFMPEG, testing welcome.
- Remaining features from Tomato branch (Color management, Cycles features) can probably be merged soon.
- Beginning of September we move on to BCon4 then, bugfixes only. :)
- Ton Roosendaal reports on Cycles/ OpenCL: Compiling cycles kernel for OpenCL is problematic still, and uncertain if it would work for any of Nvidia, AMD or Intel gfx. Currently, Nvidia opencl compiles reasonable OK. Intel is checking on it. AMD compiles fail (takes > 24 GB mem to compile)
2) Current projects
- Thomas Dinges committed a brick texture to the tomato branch for testing, but still needs to be reviewed before it could go to trunk.
3) Google Summer of Code
- GSoC 2012 is over, Google will release results on who passed etc. this week.
That’s all for today, thanks!