Thomas Dinges writes:
Here’s the notes from today’s meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.64 progress
- 284 open bug reports still, help is welcome. :)
- We will do another test build, Sergey will sent infos for builders to the list soon.
- Work on Color management and Cycles Tile Rendering is ongoing in the Tomato branch, we will evaluate when it can be merged to trunk.
2) Current projects
- We talked about the Frameserver file output in Blender. It’s not widely used and the current implementation has some limitations (only 8 bit images, no alpha, old .ppm format). This could be ported to a Python Addon, would be easier to maintain and add features. Volunteers welcome.
3) Google summer of code
- The Android Game Engine port will be showcased this week at Siggraph. More demos for it are welcome, if you have something cool (especially fun interactive characters), please share in the blenderartists thread.
- Alexander Pinzon Fernandez mentions that laplacian-smooth is finished. Tests and feedback are welcome.
- Students: Contact your mentors to discuss goals for the last few weeks of GSoC and how to proceed afterwards (Code review, merge to trunk…)