Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here's the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.64 progress
- Bugs open total 290, it only goes down slowly (because 5-10 new ones come in every day).
- Testbuild proposal; publish one next week sunday. We will need a Windows version too for Siggraph demos.
- Reminder: we stick to BCon3 (fixes only) until end of August, only some Mango targets might get added (like for color management).
2) Other projects
- Peter Schlaile published a new keyer node "inpaint". This will get tested in the Tomato branch.
- Peter confirmed to be available for Sequencer code reviews (like for basic grade tools).
3) Google summer of Code
- Alex Kuznetsov will make a wiki page with the Android GE player download and status. There's a lot of interest for this at Siggraph. We like to get it demo'ed with usable content as well.
ADDED NOTE: don't forget there are two main events in a week!
- Siggraph starts, 5 days conference in Los Angeles, Blender Foundation presents at the tradeshow too.
- The Blender Network initiative will be launched! It's specifically aimed at offering a public directory of freelancers/companies who can do software services and integration. This is crucial for Blender's next big leap... if we want more professional users we have to build support systems for them.