A new Blender book by Gordon Fisher has hit the shelves.
Gordon Fisher writes:
Packt Publishing is proud to announce Blender 3D Basics. Blender 3D Basics takes the beginning Blender user through the process of doing 3D animation with Blender, keystroke by mouse click as well as providing a background in classic animation principles. Blender 3D Basics teaches you in a gentle step by step manner. It makes sure you have a good solid foundation in Blender, allowing you to progress quickly in your mastery of modeling, animation, lighting and camera work.
Among the topics covered are:
- Mastering the Blender interface
- How to create 3D objects in Blender
- How to compose a scene ready for animation
- Loading, saving, importing and exporting various file formats
- Create a full animation using key-frames on a timeline
- Adding simple materials and lighting your scene
- Rendering and compositing the final animation sequence
- Doing stereoscopic 3D
I just wish Packt would put some more work into the cover. This one looks horrible and drab - certainly not good advertisement for Blender!
- Blender 3D Basics (Amazon.com)