Ton Roosendaal writes:
1) Status of 2.64 release and the current code
- Bug tracker… keeps sadly being high! We can really use help still, Users can help doing first checks; if this is a real bug, help the reporter to pin down the precise issue or reduce the complexity of an issue for developers.
- Jeroen Bakker’s last week’s commits on Tiles compositor has put back smiles on artists’ faces! It’s feeling much more interactive now. (It’s drawing progress of the composite in a number of steps).
- Mask node is still a bottleneck for fast cleaning footage – Mango devs will try a quick version, maybe in in Tomato branch as quick temp hack only.
- User reported on much slower DOF node, this will be investigated with good reference examples.
2) Other Projects
- Daniel Genrich has Smoke simulation render improvements ready for commit; it was unsure if that can go in now, or after 2.64. He will review it carefully to ensure it’s at least stable and compatible.
3) Google Summer of Code
- Jason Wilkins has a document about OpenGL compatibility, ready for review.
- Alexander Pinzon Fernandez likes to get more user feedback on his Laplacian Mesh smooth project. Ton Roosendaal suggested him to make it more clear in his wiki docs what the exact benefit of this system is… the presentation is chaotic.
That’s it for today, a lot of people are having a day off or holidays it seems!