Ton Roosendaal writes:
And here’s a summary of today’s topics at irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.64 progress
- Bug tracker is now down to 262 open issues – 45 new reports came in in last week, 74 were closed.
- Linux maintainer (Sergey Sharybin) will remove trunk/lib/ for linux libraries, it gives more issues than benefits. The compile docs will get updated.
- Tiles Compositor is currently a showstopper for release; it has issues artists perceive as a regression. If this would be fixed, the tile system would show off much better. Issues as noted are:
- Make the common nodes tile aware (if node requires a buffers it blocks the process).
- Jeroen Bakker will make a list of ‘bad’ nodes, so everyone can help fixing
- Provide user with ways to work with non-tile nodes nicer (draw early tile previews or disable node)
- Buffered nodes: for fast viewing, and to ensure recomposites only do the minimum required buffers.
- Minimize pre-process (no perceivable delay between interaction and updates)
- Solve issue with slow recomposites (as if threads refuse to stop)
- Solve issue on load of .blend, auto-recomposites with image file loading block the UI now
- Other developers (Sergey, Campbell and Brecht) are available to help Jeroen with Compositor work.
- In order to tackle open issues, proposal is to postpone release to end of July.
- Ton Roosendaal suggested to then also allow for the next weeks work on approved topics in svn – like cycles updates, mask editing, Opencolor, etc.
- Sergey proposes to release a testbuild this week, he’ll coordinate it.
2) Other projects
- Bastien Montagne: works on improvements for Grease Pencil to curve tool.
- link all strokes into a single curve
- record timing in strokes, to make a real-time path animation possible
- Lukas Toenne works on custom nodes/node groups in 2.65. Below a sneak peek:
- There were no issues to note for the meeting log.