Ton Roosendaal writes:
1) Targets for next release, 2.64
- Proposal for BCON schedule & targets.
- Nicholas Bishop: Skin Modifier is finished, ready for code review.
- Daniel Genrich might be pushing another update for cloth collisions. Also working on smoke simulation (to allow animation inside domains).
- Joshua Leung: three things he’d like to do: better action user-count management tools, revisiting the channel grouping stuff, and tinkering with getting the ‘armature’ mode in mask modifier functional. Will fit in BCON schedule (ready before June 17),
- Targets added for 2.64: Planar tracking, Curve masks.
- Meeting discussed color pipeline and OCIO. For project Mango it’s definitely needed, but the precise specs for a 2.64 release have to be evaluated still. Brecht van Lommel likes to see at least an OCIO LUT node in compositor for converting files. Next week a proposal should be ready.
- Are there more branches who likes to get in? Ton Roosendaal mails Tamito Kajiyama about the freestyle branch.
- Keying (greenscreen) improvement: four devs are currently looking into this (Sergey S, Keir M, Bob H, Pete L).
- BSurfaces script is now GPL, should be checked and added to default collection. Brendon Murphy checks on this with developer Eclectiel L.
2) Google Summer of Code
Tomorrow it starts! For all students here’s a minimal checklist:
- Get in contact with the mentor
- Put original proposal in our wiki
- Start work on design doc this week
Also put some efforts in finding the people who will use your work, for example via an introduction of your work at blenderartists.org