Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here's the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders:
1) Blender release review
- The 2.63a update has been released last week. Documentation and release log was a bit sparse though... Ton Roosendaal reminded everyone to be more active in wikifying your work!
2) New release targets, current projects
- Masking can be release target: Sergey Sharybin is almost finished, waiting for Pete Larabell's library now?
- Tiles compositor branch has been successfully reviewed, can go in this week!
- Mike Erwins tablet work is nearly done (for real now!), can get in too. Main features are:
- Multi-window pressure loss fixed!
- Ink blot fixed!
- Finer-grained pressure/tilt sensitivity
- Smoother strokes
- Eraser actually erases gpencil strokes
- Motion tracking: Keir Meirle will work on planar tracking (pretty far along), masked trackers (not started yet), reconstruction with Ceres (new solver).
- Brecht van Lommel's Cycles targets: performance improvements, some new nodes, AMD OpenCL support (with limited kernel), motion blur.
- Ton proposes to release in 7 weeks, he'll update the project page in wiki a.s.a.p. with a proposal for BCON dates.
3) Other projects
How are the future release targets? Mentioned was Freestyle, Nurbana, Unlimited clay, ... people are welcome to report on their branches and possible mergers!
4) Google Summer of Code
- Tom Musgrove will make a code.blender.org blog article to introduce all projects.
- 21st May GSoC starts!
- First target for students then is to cleanup proposal and get the design approved.