Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here’s the notes from today’s meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders:
1) Blender release review
- The 2.63a update has been released last week. Documentation and release log was a bit sparse though… Ton Roosendaal reminded everyone to be more active in wikifying your work!
2) New release targets, current projects
- Masking can be release target: Sergey Sharybin is almost finished, waiting for Pete Larabell’s library now?
- Tiles compositor branch has been successfully reviewed, can go in this week!
- Mike Erwins tablet work is nearly done (for real now!), can get in too. Main features are:
- Multi-window pressure loss fixed!
- Ink blot fixed!
- Finer-grained pressure/tilt sensitivity
- Smoother strokes
- Eraser actually erases gpencil strokes
- Motion tracking: Keir Meirle will work on planar tracking (pretty far along), masked trackers (not started yet), reconstruction with Ceres (new solver).
- Brecht van Lommel’s Cycles targets: performance improvements, some new nodes, AMD OpenCL support (with limited kernel), motion blur.
- Ton proposes to release in 7 weeks, he’ll update the project page in wiki a.s.a.p. with a proposal for BCON dates.
3) Other projects
How are the future release targets? Mentioned was Freestyle, Nurbana, Unlimited clay, … people are welcome to report on their branches and possible mergers!
4) Google Summer of Code
- Tom Musgrove will make a code.blender.org blog article to introduce all projects.
- 21st May GSoC starts!
- First target for students then is to cleanup proposal and get the design approved.