Doing the last preparations for the 2.63 release.
Ton Roosendaal writes:
1) Blender 2.63 Release Candidate
- Testing is in progress still, a bit more testing is always good. Campbell Barton reports that the showstoppers in BMesh were handled now.
- Release log in progress.
- Todo for everyone: docs, docs docs!
- Pablo Vazquez will migrate this to wiki: (with permission of author)
- Brecht van Lommel updates the cycles doc in wiki
- Thomas Dinges will help with the download page on blender.org, and will try to find time to move release page to blender.org as well. Brecht/Sergey are backup for this.
- Release Ahoy might happen this wednesday!
2) Other projects
- Antonis Ryakiotakis proposes to add ming64 support for building Blender, he will maintain that.
- Sergey Sharybin worked on a more advanced keying node; with better color formulas and sampling, and optional marker/tracker support for advanced gradient detection.
- Howard Trickey shows his new modifier to render wireframes:
- Lukas Toenne did node work; frame node, node edit features (coloring).
- Ton Roosendaal mentions an urgent need for a new web team. Will do call soon. In the meantime he proposes to add a new header to the existing site, like this (but with less nervous transitions :).
3) Google Summer of Code
Tomorrow students will get contacted by Google about their proposals! We then will present the names on this list and make a new exciting salad bowl or so :)