Blender 2.63 development is in BCon3 now and we’ve been accepted by the Google Summer of Code.
Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here’s the notes from today’s developer meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.63
- Campbell worked on BMesh last week. Weekly report. Or in short: X3D is working, BMesh python api has customdata access (UVs, vcolors, shapes), old trunk bevel modifier back (was todo we talked of a while back).
- Bevel tool for modeling: we have permission to use the method and code from the Google Sketchup RoundCorner Plugin. Howard Trickey works on porting it, first in Python to validate it though.
- Brecht: I am working on ramps, motion vectors for cycles, shadow pass, background images view with cycles, and separate control for AA samples vs. other samples to make rendering simple passes/layers quicker. Should go to svn next week.
- Ton: bug tracker has 210 open reports, everyone is invited to check and fix!
- As planned, we now move to BCon3 status (polishing and fixing period).
- BMesh docs can use upgrade. Howard Trickey volunteers to get Knife tool page upgraded.
2) Other projects
- Most of the meeting time went to troll hunting. Some kiddie thinks it’s fun to spoil our irc and the mango blog. For now (hopefully temporary) the #blendercoders channel will only voice people with a registered freenode nick. That’s common anyway.
3) Google Summer of Code (GSoC)
- Blender has been accepted again! Mentors can sign up now.
- This week we can still tweak our ideas page. Tom Musgrove does a call for everyone to advertise our gsoc opportunity at your university computer science and CG departments.