By Alfondo Annarumma writes.
I know - I'm too much in critique... But I can't resist to say this:
- a lot of "hand work" at start. I could make the same faster. Two arrays (actually 4 for top and bottom) - molars/premolars, cutters. Model it more accurate (just two pieces!) then apply arrays. Or it can be even duplifaces. Then it can be tweaked and merged on places. It's important to not overdo the whole process - you spent a lot just on selecting faces It's not noticeable when you work but AFTER when you watch your clock you get "oh, crap - I did this whole three hours, how it can be?!".
Actually there are three groups of theeths by form. And I noticed that all that tweaking does almost nothing for realism. Obviously you need to assign some vertices to a group and apply Displace modifier with a subtle noise texture - this will be a HIT to the view. Nothing does work for realism better than dirt, scratches, grooves and subtle distortions.
To add a profile picture to your message, register your email address with Gravatar.com. To protect your email address, create an account on BlenderNation and log in when posting a message.
If you are a human, do not fill in this field.
Replies to my comments
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.
Notify me of new posts by email.