Most of you know about Gimp, Inkscape and of course Blender. However animation also touches the area of 2D and of course sound design. I compiled a list of applications here for you ranging from 2D to audio. This also includes the growing amount of online web applications, which recently reach a professional level such as Audiotool.
I hope you find it useful.
- Gimp Bitmap: Bitmap Drawing Win/Linux/Mac Website
- MyPaint Bitmap: Bitmap Drawing Win/Linux/Mac Website
- Inkscape: Vector Drawing Win/Linux/Mac Website
- Blender 3D: Authoring Win/Linux/Mac Website
- Audacity: Simple Audio Editor Win/Linux/Mac Website
Pencil: Traditional 2d cell based animation Win/Mac Website
Synfig: 2D Vector animation with tweening and specialFX Mac/Win/Linux Website
Ardour: Audio recording editing mixing Mac/Linux Website
AudioTool: Audio editing specialFX mixing Online Website
Comment: Extremely powerful and feature rich
Soundcloud: Sound Databse Online Website
Aviart Audio Editor: Audio editing mixing Online Website
Comment: Connected to many online audio databanks
Aviart Music Creator: Basic beat music designer Online Website