Ton Roosendaal writes:
1) Blender 2.61 planning
- We're getting a Branch Merger hurricane week! The mergers will happen in this order:
- Tomato, camera/motion tracking: monday, Sergey Sharybin
- Cycles render engine: tue/wed, Brecht van Lommel
- Dynamic Paint: thu/fri, Miika Hamalainen
- Ocean Simulation (modifier): weekend, Lukas Toenne
- Last merger work is possible tuesday 15 November (BCon3 start). We'll then stabilize everything for 2 weeks. Early December the official testbuilds will be available.
- Antonis Ryakiotakis: UV tools is ready for review. Meeting agrees to not add this as another target for 2.61, this can be the first 2.62 merger. It does need a reviewer still.
- Ocean Sim docs: 1 2
- Thomas Dinges added new libs in svn: Windows 32/64 Boost 1.47 and OpenImageIO 0.10.3 libs
- Campell Barton mentions: mocap importers from Daniel M. Basso, C3D and Acclaim formats are in trunk now (addons, disabled by default).
- Brecht: Cycles in 2.61 will only output a regular RGBA (float) buffer, not hooked up to the compositor yet. In 2.62 it will be writing to render layers and deliver passes.
2) Other projects
- Jeroen Bakker will setup a project for the online devs to help migrating all nodes to the new architecture. The new tile-based OpenCL compositor is a potential 2.62 target, a full migration plan (whether it replaces old compositor or will be living a while next to it) is going to be made still.
That's it, fasten seatbels!