Ton Roosendaal writes:
Here's a short summary of what was discussed on today's meeting:
2.59 release, plans for 2.60
- Note: tracker up to 206 open reports! No real showstopper reports in though.
- Release cycle proposal still needs a formal approval. Ton will help finishing proposal.
- Long discussion on how to manage a 'freeze' after release. Some like to have crucial fixes ported over to the the release-branch, some prefer a period (week) of commit-only-fixes. Debate can continue over the week.
- Agreed is that the short freeze period around release should also get a formal "unfreeze" notification on this list.
- Branches mentioned that could get included for next release:
- Joshua Leung's work on animation system
- Benjamin Cook's work on motion capture input
- Joerg Mueller's audio/speaker work
- [these]will get further reviewed or decided next week.
- Note: buildbot now does Win x64 builds too.
- BMesh progress; Campbell is ready to work on it, will work on a planning for it. We have to define when it's ready for trunk (i.e. how much can temporarily not work yet).
Google Summer of Code
- "Pencils down" soon, we'll update students with requirements as soon Google tells more details