Notes from today’s developer meeting:
1) Blender 2.5x related
- 2.58a build in progress, still need Windows and OSX builds. (trunkr38019 addons r2080).
Also the official tag has to be done. Ton will remind Nathan and Jens.
- Bug tracker is nicely growing with new reports! Both Ton & Brecht will work there the coming week, everyone’s assistance is welcome!
- Campbell produced overview of I/O status for Blender
- Mario (lmg) Kishalmi helps with continuous release log updates in our wiki, he’ll update add-on changes for 2.58a this week.
- Thomas Dinges reminds everyone to keep track of the release checklist
The proposal for a new ‘BCon’ status (Blender’s DefCon) will need to be reviewed too.
2) Other projects (branches, etc)
- Two new svn commit access (bf-project) members: Keir Mierle (libmv updating) and Jeroen Bakker (compositor engine recode, various smaller fixes).
- This week “Harmony” will release official templates for developer agreements.
They will open up a mailing list for feedback. Ton will consult them to ask for the right exception/extension/upgrade clause that satisfies our needs.
- Campbell reviewed patch for Vertex Group modifier, needs to be split. An open issue still is whether it’s good to accept such modifiers in general… or wait for recode with nodes.
- Lukas Toenne: particle system upgrade with “paged buffers” will break hair. Cant be solved simply at this moment. Proposal is to continue work on a new node based particle system (using new buffers) and put this next to old system. Alternative is to either find a developer who can help upgrade hair or who recodes hair, and/or we make it a sponsored (or BF paid) project. Will be investigated during next weeks.
- Cycles render & shading project: Brecht wrote a proposal for workflow:
- Cycles libraries are in svn now, makes compile much easier for Windows and OSX.
3) Google Summer of Code
- Only few projects merge in “staging branch’ Salad. Could be better!
- Midterm evaluation is soon:
- July 11th – Mentors and students can begin submitting mid-term evaluations.
- July 15th – Mid-term evaluations deadline
- Everyone is very happy with how Sergey’s tracker project progresses and communicates. An enlightening and inspiring example for the other students :)