Steel Storm Episode I is a shooting game which its arts were done in GIMP and Blender. Kot-in-Action Creative Artel developed this game for Windows, Mac, and GNU/Linux and the game is released under GPL 2.0 and its arts under cc-by-nc-sa 3.0. This nice game is their first release.
Update from motorsep: The game has never been released under GPL. It’s released under proprietary license, which refers to CC and GPL (engine is GNU GPL v2, art assets – CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0).
Alexander "motorsep" Zubov writes:
Kot-in-Action Creative Artel is proud to announce that the official website for Steel Storm, an episodic top-down shooter, is now live. Episode I, which will be released for free, is coming to public beta this September, for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Steel Storm is an old school top down arcade shooter with score oriented competitive gameplay, and is designed for people who like fast paced action and have limited amounts of time to play computer games.
The events of the game take place in an alternative universe where you control an advanced hovertank, packed with the most advanced and sophisticated weapons. Your task is simple, but, nevertheless, is not trivial. In the fight with presumed extraterrestrial invaders, you must prevail!
- Deathmatch and coop game modes;
- Exploration and time-trial gameplay types;
- Score driven gameplay - master your skills to stay ahead;
- Intelligent AI knows no mercy;
- Hordes of enemies to destroy;
- Vast numbers of destroyable structures and obstacles;
- Huge territories to reclaim;
- 6 missions of various difficulty, for beginners & hardcore gamers;
- Edit or create your own missions with SandStorm in-game realtime multi-user editor (will be released as a patch for Episode I).
Coming in Episode 2:
- 6 new weapons;
- 3 huge and deadly bosses;
- 10 more types of enemies;
- 4 more unique environments;
- 2 new campaigns totalling 18 missions;
- Game Source Code;
- Mod Development SDK;
- and more!
Kot-in-Action invites all old-school shmup fans to register on our forums and join our official IRC channel and get ready for the beta. Preorders are also available for the upcoming second episode.
Screenshots, video, and further description can be found at Steel Storm website.
About Kot-in-Action Creative Artel
Kot-in-Action Creative Artel is a new independent developer based in Del Rio, TX with team members in the U.S., Poland, Russia, and Germany. Steel Storm is their first release. More information can be found at Kot-in-Action Creative Artel.
Co-Founder, Kot-in-Action Creative Artel
Business Development and Marketing Manager, Kot-in-Action Creative Artel