Plumiferos, the Argentinean movie that is being produced with Blender, have published a feature wishlist on their wiki. The list contains an overview of Blender functionality that they need to create their movie.
Like Elephants Dream, the project has already contributed substantially to Blender development. Here is an overview of the functionality that has been added so far:
- Frame Stamp Render Option: prints frame, timecode, camera, scene, filename and user texts over OpenGL/normal render. Developed by RCRuiz (Gracias Ramon !)
- BlendFromShape menu to display in several columns to allow selection of all available shape keys. Developed by Aligorith. (in CVS)
- "Mute" option in NLA editor, to "silent" an NLA strip at will, meaning the action strip animation is not displayed temporarily. Developed by RCRuiz and Aligorith simultaneously ! (Aligorith also added reverse strip).
- Translation/Rotation/Size limits constraints for bones. Developed by Aligorith.in CVS.
- Selection of all keyframes in same frame in Action Editor (K Key). Developed by Letterrip.in CVS.
- Custom "Shape" button for bones, just next to Stick, Envelope, Octahedron to easily turn custom widgets into stick/octahedron without having to delete/rewrite OB field in Bone panel. Developed by Aligorith (plus custom colors for each bone !).
- Save Output Node. To be able to save different parts of a composition as diferent image sequences in different folders and stuff like that. Developed by Ton. in CVS.
- Scale, Histogram, Rotate nodes for compositor. Developed by Damiles.
- Vertex Group in Lattices. Developed by Ton. in CVS.
- Bezier Alpha Mask editing in compositor. Developed by Damiles.
- Viewers work inside Group Nodes, so we don't have to ungroup to check a particular node inside the group.
- Dilate/Erode node: to expand or contract the size of a border obtained via Sobel or other edge detector.
- Draw Extra "Name" and "Axis" options to work when object is in Bounds Draw Type. Developed by Lguillaume.
The list of desired new functionality is long and they have split it into different timeframes and urgencies. For September and October, they are looking for changes in the floor constraints, render passes and particle systems. For the full list, check the wishlist.